CHECK OUT LIVE GALAPAGOS CRUISE AVAILABILITIES
Highlights of the Galapagos Sky YachtCategory: Dive
- The Sky yacht is a luxurious, live-aboard, Galapagos dive cruise, with close to a decade of experience.
- Two dive masters and up to four dives a day, ensure that guests have the ideal opportunity to discover the magnificent underwater world at the Galapagos Islands.
- The Sky yacht Galapagos itinerary visits all top dive sites including famous Darwin and Wolf islands.
- This elegant yacht also features luxury accommodations, ample and comfortable social areas, excellent food, “extra touch” amenities, and friendly, helpful staff.
Galapagos Sky Yacht Galapagos Cruise
Itineraries and pricing 2021Browse through the different cruise itineraries below by clicking on each one.
- $6595 ppMaster Cabin
- $6395 ppDeluxe Cabin
Itinerary 8 days
- SUN San Cristobal Airport and Lobos Island check out dive
- MON Bartolome Island: 1 dive and land walk & Cousins Rocks: 2 dives
- TUE 4 dives a day at Wolf + a night dive
- WED 4 dives at Darwin
- THU 2 dives at Darwin and 1 afternoon dive at Wolf. Transit back to central Islands
- FRI Cape Douglas: 1 dive (marine iguana dive) & Vicente Roca Point: up to 2 dives and Panga ride if time allows
- SAT Northeast tip of Isla Pinzon/Islote Dumb: 1 dive & Santa Cruz Island: Highlands tour
- SUN San Cristobal Island: Interpretation Center & transfer out to the airport
Galapagos Sky Yacht Specifications
- Length: 100 feet
- Beam: 24 feet
- Speed: 12 knots
- Crew: 9 + 2 dive masters
- Capacity: 16 passengers
- Number of cabins: 4 master stateroom cabins with two twin beds (that can be joined together), and 4 deluxe cabins with two twin beds all with air conditioning
- Private bathroom for each cabin
- Air conditioning
- Room towels
- Beach towels
- 110 Electricity point in cabin and 220 volts in social areas
- Lounge area
- Conference room and lounge area with TV/DVD
- Emergency Satellite Phone
- Meals: From lunch on Day 1, until breakfast on the final day.
- Accommodation with private bathroom.
- Excursions as listed in the itinerary, with an expert dive instructor and a dive master, who are also naturalist guides.
- Transfers in the islands between airport and dock from flights
- Beverages (including beer and wine with dinner)
- Entrance fees Galapagos:
- Galapagos National Park $100 pp (subject to change).
- Galapagos transit control card $20 pp (subject to change).
- Bus ticket Baltra Airport / Itabaca channel – $5 *Depending on the cruise.
- Flight: International Flights.
- Flights_ Quito/Guayaquil – Galapagos – Quito/Guayaquil.
- Trip interruption or cancellation insurance
- Tips for guides and crew.
- Hyperbaric chamber fee
- Any other personal expenses.
Diving - Snorkeling
- Note: The cruise highly recommends that divers bring their own gear. The cruise does not rent or sell gloves, torches/underwater lights or dive knives.
- Full Gear Rental Package: $250 for full set (BCD, Reg-set, & wetsuit, mask, snorkel, and fins). Excludes computer and gloves.
- All gear rental payments are paid directly on M/V Galapagos Sky at the end of the cruise. Cash and Visa/MasterCard are accepted.
THE Galapagos SKY DIVE YACHT PROVIDES:
- Air or nitrox filled tanks
- Weight belts
WE SUGGEST YOU PACK THE FOLLOWING:
- Depth and pressure gaugesGauge
- Dive Computer
- Buoyancy Compensator device
- Dry suit or thick wet suit (1/4” or 5-7mm)
- Hood and gloves
- Open water diving certification
- Optional items: Underwater camera, video camera
- Spare Mask
- Dive Alert
- Mirror and/or Other Safety Devices
- Safety sausage
- Dive alert or similar audible surface signaling device
- Nautilus lifeline electronic surface tracking device (this item is provided free of charge to each diver during their cruise aboard the Galapagos Sky)
Important note:Galapagos Sky does have a very limited supply of these items that they will provide FREE OF CHARGE. In the event you are not successful in purchasing these items in advance, please be sure to advise us in advance to make sure that all available supplies have not already been requested for on your cruise.
Extra costs for diving cruise:
- Full Gear Rental Package – $250 for full set (BCD, Reg-set, & wetsuit, mask, snorkel, and fins). Excludes computer and gloves.
- BCD – $80 per charter
- Reg & Gauge Set – $80 per charter
- Computer – $75 per charter
- 7mm Wet Suit – $45 per charter
- Hood– $25 per charter
- Fins/Booties – $25 per charter
- Mask & Snorkel – $25 per charter
- 125 cu ft/15 L tank upgrade – $60 per charter
- BCD – $449
- Reg & Gauge Set – $670
- Computer – $500
- Wet Suit – $280
- Hood– $55
- Fins/Booties – Fins $190, Booties $60
- Mask & Snorkel – $90
All gear rental payments are payable directly on board at the end of the cruise. Cash and Visa/MasterCard are accepted (14% extra fee for VAT will be added).
Galapagos diving conditions
- Water temps in summer average 65o F, 70o F in winter.
- The weather at the Galapagos Islands has water temperatures ranging from 65 -70 degrees F from December through May and 60 – 70 F June through November.
- Galapagos water temperatures are at the higher end of the scale in both Darwin and Wolf.
- Air temperatures range from 75 F or higher in the rainy season (December-May) to the mid 60’s F during the dry season (June –November), with nearly constant sea breezes.
- Galapagos currents can range 1 to 5 Knots at the sites we visit, and visibility is generally between 30 and 80 feet.
- Most divers are comfortable with a 7mm wetsuit June – November with a hooded best and gloves and a minimum 5mm wetsuit December – May.
- The primary attraction in Galapagos is the large pelagic such as schooling Hammerhead sharks, Galapagos sharks, Silky Sharks, Bullhead Sharks, Reef Sharks Mola-Molas and Whale sharks.
- Gloves and hood are strongly recommended.
- Occasionally, there is sighting of Whales, Marlin, Dolphin and Orcas. You will see a rare combination of warm and Coldwater creatures including Sea Lions, Mantas, Penguins, Flightless Cormorants, Sting Rays, Eagle Rays, Turtles, Moray Eels, Sea Horses, Marine iguanas and enormous schools of unusual fish. Many of the marine creatures are found nowhere else on earth!
- The best diving around the Galapagos Islands is made possible through the use of dinghies (or inflatable’s) manned by our crewmembers. Few dives are directly from the main vessel itself. Dinghy diving is made easy for you! Once your dive is completed, you hand your weight belt to the dinghy driver, take off your BCD and climb in.
IMPORTANT NOTE: please check dive equipment inclusions and exclusions carefully with your sales person before booking.
- Due to the nature of this cruise and the very remote nature of the destination, all dives are required to have dive accident insurance when diving from the Humboldt Explorer.
To ensure you safety, we require the followings of all divers:
- All divers must be certified as open water scuba divers by an internationally recognized certification organization.
- All divers must be experienced divers (we recommend) that you have more than 100 logged dives) and have logged at least one dive within the 6 months prior to boarding the vessel.
- Dives are very strong and often at and advanced level. Currents can very strong and often dives are required to swim against them.
- All dives are guided by an instructor/naturalist guide and due to Galapagos National Park regulations all divers must dive with the guide at all times.
- All divers must log in and out of the water with a member of the diving staff.
- All divers must have a submersible console including SPG & depth gauge, time piece or dive computer with these functions.
- Diving activities must cease when the consumption of alcohol begins.
- All divers must present proof of dive insurance per Galapagos National Park regulations.
- The seven-night cruise offers a total of approximately 17 to 19 dives, and 3 land excursions on every trip. The diving is considered ADVANCED as it occurs in the presence of strong currents, cold water and limited visibility. The diving also takes place from zodiacs.
- Important note: The Galapagos National Park regulations require that all guests must carry their Diving Certification Cards for verification of your training. Photo copies will NOT be accepted. Please bring your certification card and log book(s) for verification of your dive training and experience.
- It is possible to request the cabin of your choice at the time of booking – just let us know your preference. The final decision on cabin allocation is always in the hands of the yacht operator.
HAPPY GRINGO YACHT RANKING
Social areas, sundeck, restaurant & bar area and boat design.
Type and size of cabin, type of beds, windows and access to the cabins.
Special features, beach towels, air conditioning, jacuzzi, TV, toiletries.