Check out live Tiburon Explorer Galapagos Cruise availability
Highlights of the Tiburon Explorer Yacht
- The Tiburon Explorer yacht has been especially designed for Galapagos dive cruising. Brand new in 2020, this is now the most luxurious live-aboard dive experience on the market.
- Fitted with a fully equipped, state of the art dive deck with every attention to detail, including camera table with recharging points, storage lockers, and rinse stations for gear and cameras.
- The Tiburon Explorer itinerary takes you to the very best Galapagos dive sites at legendary Darwin and Wolf islands.
- Staterooms have twin beds that can be converted to queen beds for couples, modern furniture, full windows to enjoy the island views whilst cruising, air conditioning and en-suite bathroom. The 3 suites are more spacious and include a comfy lounge area.
- The yacht also features a partially shaded sun deck, with Jacuzzi and comfortable seating, a dining salon, bar and entertainment area.
Tiburon Explorer Galapagos Cruise
Itineraries and pricing 2022Browse through the different cruise itineraries below by clicking on each one.
- Price$6895Per person
Itinerary for 8 days
- SATArrival to Baltra and transfer to the Galapagos liveaboard, Tiburon Explorer, Dive at Carrion Point. (1 Check Out Dive at Punta Carrion)
- SUNBaltra North (2 Dives), Afternoon North Seymour land visit, Depart for Wolf Island (long transit)
- MONWolf Island (4 Dives). Possible night dive
- TUEDarwin Island (4 Dives) dives, Transit to Wolf Island
- WEDWolf Island (3-4 Dives) Transit to Cabo Douglas
- THUCabo Douglas (1-2 Dives), Punta Vicente Roca (1-2 Dives), Transit to Cousins Rock
- FRICousins Rock (2 Dives). Transfer to the town of Puerto Ayora. Dinner on your own in Puerto Ayora. Return to the Tiburon Explorer at 8:30pm
- SATBaltra: Depart the vessel by 9 am. Transfer to the airport
Tiburon Explorer Yacht Specifications
- Length: 38 meters / 125 ft
- Beam: 7.5 meters / 24.6 ft
- Speed: 10 knots
- Crew: 8 members + 1 guide
- Capacity: 16 passengers
- About Itineraries
- About Cabins
- Diver’s responsibility
- Diving conditions
- Twin beds that can be converted to queen beds for couples
- Private bathroom for each cabin
- Air conditioning
- Room towels
- Beach towels
- Lounge area
- Diving equipment for rent
- Meals: From lunch on Day 1, until breakfast on the final day.
- Accommodation with private bathroom.
- Excursions as listed in the itinerary, with a certified naturalist bilingual guide (Spanish/English).
- Unlimited purified water, tea, coffee, snacks.
Entrance fees Galapagos:
- Galapagos National Park $100 pp (subject to change).
- Galapagos transit control card $20 pp (subject to change).
- Flight: International Flights + Quito/Guayaquil - Galapagos - Quito/Guayaquil.
- Important Note: The Tiburon Dive cruise obligates Happy Gringo to buy Galapagos flight tickets directly through them; failure to do so will unfortunately result in a penalty fee of US$60 per person being charged to you by the yacht operator.
- Airport transfers in Quito or Guayaquil.
- Singles supplement: 80%
- Alcoholic beverages & colas (there is a bar on board).
- Tips for Guides and crew.
- Any other personal expenses.
- On day 1 there is only time for an afternoon visit to be included; similarly, on the final day, there is only a brief morning visit. The reason for this is to connect with the Galapagos flight arrivals and departures at the airport.
- Contact us for information about which itineraries will run on different dates through the year, and to check tour availabilities. We often have special Galapagos offers too!
- All yacht information is correct at time of publishing but may be subject to change by the yacht operator or Galapagos National Park authority. Published prices may be subject to change without prior notice
- 4 Main Deck Cabins – convertible queen bed or twin beds, with windows.
- 2 Main Deck Cabins – queen bed, with windows.
- 3 Lower Deck Cabins – convertible queen bed or twin beds, with window.
- It is possible to request the cabin of your choice at time of booking – just let us know your preference. Final decision on cabin allocation is always in the hands of the yacht operator.
- The Tiburon Explorer Galapagos diving liveaboard large dive deck includes: a bathroom, large camera table with charging station, individual storage areas, rinse bins for cameras and another for gear.
- Diving operations: are conducted from two large zodiacs, easily boarded from the dive deck.
- Safety Equipment: Life rafts (2), life rings/strobes, life vests/strobes, emergency position locator, flares, oxygen and first aid equipment
- Air Systems: 2 electric Bauer compressors with nitrox membrane, producing 32% nitrox
- Zodiac Tenders: Rigid hull inflatables (2), used for passenger transport and diver pickup
- Accessories: Diving Equipment
The vessel provides
- Weights belts
The following items are the diver’s responsibility
- Certification Card
- Diving log book (strongly encouraged)
- Booties (if you wear them)
- Buoyancy Control Device (required)*
- Regulator w/alternate air source*
- Submersible pressure and depth gauges (required)*
- Underwater time piece (required)
- Dive computer (recommended)*
- Wet suit – 5mm to semi-dry .5 - .7mm*
- Hooded vest
- Repair kit w/spare parts
*Available for rent on board
Galapagos diving conditions
- Water temps in summer average 65o F, 70o F in winter.
- The weather at the Galapagos Islands has water temperatures ranging from 65 -70 degrees F from December through May and 60 – 70 F June through November.
- Galapagos water temperatures are at the higher end of the scale in both Darwin and Wolf.
- Air temperatures range from 75 F or higher in the rainy season (December-May) to the mid 60’s F during the dry season (June –November), with nearly constant sea breezes.
- Galapagos currents can range 1 to 5 Knots at the sites we visit, and visibility is generally between 30 and 80 feet.
- Most divers are comfortable with a 7mm wetsuit June – November with a hooded best and gloves and a minimum 5mm wetsuit December – May.
- Gloves and hood are strongly recommended.
IMPORTANT NOTE: please check dive equipment inclusions and exclusions carefully with your sales person before booking
- Due to the nature of this cruise and the very remote nature of the destination, all dives are required to have dive accident insurance when diving from the Humboldt Explorer.
To ensure you safety, we require the followings of all divers:
- All divers must be certified as open water scuba divers by an internationally recognized certification organization.
- All divers must be experienced divers (we recommend) that you have more than 100 logged dives) and have logged at least one dive within the 6 months prior to boarding the vessel.
- Dives are very strong and often at and advanced level. Currents can very strong and often dives are required to swim against them.
- All dives are guided by an instructor/naturalist guide and due to Galapagos National Park regulations all divers must dive with the guide at all times.
- All divers must log in and out of the water with a member of the diving staff.
- All divers must have a submersible console including SPG & depth gauge, time piece or dive computer with these functions.
- Decompression diving is not allowed under any conditions. The maximum allowed depth is 130’ (110’ on nitrox).
- Diving activities must cease when the consumption of alcohol begins.
- All divers must present proof of dive insurance per Galapagos National Park regulations.
- All divers must also carry a Dive/Alert, a surface signaling device, and an electronic beacon while diving (all available on board). Guests are responsible for all items they borrow from the vessel.
- Please note that, due to a combination of staff and equipment logistics insurance requirements and local diving regulations, neither rebreathes nor diver propulsion vehicles (DPVs) may be used aboard Explorer Ventures vessels.
HAPPY GRINGO YACHT RANKING
Social areas, sundeck, restaurant & bar area and boat design.
Type and size of cabin, type of beds, windows and access to the cabins.
Special features, beach towels, air conditioning, jacuzzi, TV, toiletries.