Request a Free Quote
Meet the Team
Our philosophy is simple: to provide the ultimate travel experience in Ecuador & Galapagos, and to bring fun and smiles to your trip here! No hassles, no worries!!!
A travel company run by passionate travelers for like-minded clients.
- John is the original founder of Happy Gringo
- He is from London UK and has over 16 years of travel and work experience within Latin America
- He Holds both BA (hons) and M.Sc. degrees in business and management from UK universities.
- John´s biggest passion in life is travel, having had the pleasure to visit more than 75 different countries worldwide
- In his spare time he loves football & sports, reading and spending time in nature.
- Eva is from Holland and is the joint owner of Happy Gringo
- She speaks fluent Dutch, English & Spanish as well as a good working level of German.
- She holds a degree in Anthropology with a specialization in Ecuadorian culture, and also an MBA.
- Eva is also responsible for maintaining the excellent sales service of Happy Gringo
- Eva has lived in Ecuador for the past 13 years and has two mischievous young daughters.
Dream Experts – Travel Gurus
- Gaby was born in Quito – Ecuador, and earned herself a bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts and Food & Beverage Management.
- She has been working in tourism for over 4 years now, and enjoys travel thanks to the attitude:
- “how can anyone not take advantage of the wonderful country you were born in?”.
- She feels that through her sales she can best promote Ecuador and the experiences that it offers.
- Gaby has a passion for traveling and cooking, always trying to find the most beautiful countries to visit and the most varied and strange places to eat, from popular markets to Michelin awarded restaurants.
- She considers herself to be a citizen of the world, a dog lover, a hard worker, and a self-sufficient happy woman.
People & Finance Wizards
- David graduated in tourism at the Central University of Quito
- He has been working in Happy Gringo since 2008 and loves his job.
- His responsibilities are divided between operations tasks and invoicing.
- David is a huge fan of football and supports Barcelona from the coast of Ecuador; he also enjoys nature and music.
- Francine graduated from Hospitality and Marketing at the University of Glion in Switzerland.
- She has experience working with SEO, copywriting and online advertisement.
- She loves to write about her traveling adventures and likes to stay current in all of the new Marketing techniques.
- She is extremely passionate about promoting Ecuador’s unique beauty and culture.
- She is a film buff; she goes to the cinema almost every Sunday.
- Francine also owns a lovely rescued cat, called Mister Kat.
- Pamela is a Student of Graphic Design.
- Her goal since joining Happy Gringo is to help in all the graphic and publicity area
- She enjoys spending time playing the piano, traveling and making music.
- One of her goals is to travel as many countries as she possibly can.
- Nancy has worked in tourism for over 15 years and is motivated to work in this exciting sector because she is “helping create dreams and experiences that clients will remember for many years”.
- Her main hobby is running, recently she has competed in the following races: 15k Ultimas Noticias, Quito 1/2 marathon, Ruta de las Iglesias, Huarmi Run and more.
- Nancy loves to take on challenges that push her to achieve new goals.
- She enjoys reading and taking cooking classes.
- Maribel is an Ecotourism graduate from Central University in Quito, with over 7 years of experience working in hospitality.
- She loves to meet people of different cultures and she also enjoys the peace of mind that only nature offers.
- She likes planning trips for her and her family and her favorite hobby is listening to music.
- She is always open to learn new things, that help her grow both personally and professionally
- She is very helpful, friendly and polite.
Valeria has 15 years of experience working in tourism in Ecuador and is very proud of her roots from Puyo, deep in the Amazon area of Ecuador.
Valeria is the person to thank for the smooth-running organization of our trips.
She loves sharing time with her pets and her hobbies are traveling, reading and doing yoga.