MEET THE TEAM
Our philosophy is simple: to provide the ultimate travel experience in Ecuador & Galapagos, and to bring fun and smiles to your trip here! No hassles, no worries!!!
A travel company run by passionate travelers for like-minded clients.
Know more about John
- John is the original founder of Happy Gringo
- He is from London UK and has over 16 years of travel and work experience within Latin America
- He Holds both BA (hons) and M.Sc. degrees in business and management from UK universities.
- John´s biggest passion in life is travel, having had the pleasure to visit more than 75 different countries worldwide
- In his spare time he loves football & sports, reading and spending time in nature.
Know more about Eva
- Eva is from Holland and is the joint owner of Happy Gringo
- She speaks fluent Dutch, English & Spanish as well as a good working level of German.
- She holds a degree in Anthropology with a specialization in Ecuadorian culture, and also an MBA.
- Eva is also responsible for maintaining the excellent sales service of Happy Gringo
- Eva has lived in Ecuador for the past 13 years and has two mischievous young daughters.
DREAM EXPERTS – TRAVEL GURUS
Know more about Sebastian
- Sebastian graduated in Switzerland as a Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality with Sales and Marketing. He previously worked at Happy Gringo for almost 4 years, and worked in different industries, when he decided to come back to its home. Sebastian loves traveling, both locally and internationally, with over 15 countries visited so far, and many trips to the Galapagos, he enjoys people that want to visit South America, and to help his passengers get a lifetime experience that they will treasure for their entire lives.
- He loves playing and watching soccer, as well as videogames, watching movies and reading. He considers himself a N°1 Harry Potter fan, a frustrated gamer and has 3 pets. One cat named Sr Kato and 2 Dogs, a Samoyed named Mike and Pelusa.
Know more about Gabriela
- Gaby was born in Quito – Ecuador, and earned herself a bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts and Food & Beverage Management.
- She has been working in tourism for over 6 years now, and enjoys travel thanks to the attitude:
- “how can anyone not take advantage of the wonderful country you were born in?”.
- She feels that through her sales she can best promote Ecuador and the experiences that it offers.
- Gaby has a passion for traveling and cooking, always trying to find the most beautiful countries to visit and the most varied and strange places to eat, from popular markets to Michelin awarded restaurants.
- She considers herself to be a citizen of the world, a dog lover, a hard worker, and a self-sufficient happy woman.
Know more about Carolina
- Carolina graduated in Hospitality at Universidad San Francisco de Quito, and is recently starting her career in the tourism industry.
- She loves traveling because it opens your eyes to new cultures and different realities.
- In particular she hopes to be able to help people create incredible memories in Ecuador, and fall in love with her country, while at the same time developing Ecuador's incredible potential in tourism.
- In free time, Carolina also enjoys baking, reading and taking care of her 3 adopted dogs - Hotch, Morena & Milo.
Know more about Victoria
- Victoria has been working in the tourism sector since 2016, mostly in the hotel industry.
- She is an avid traveler, both locally and internationally, and especially enjoys time in nature, camping and treking.
- Outside of work, Victoria play paintball, reads adventure stories, watches movies, practices photography, and spends time with her pets (3 dogs and 1 cat).
PEOPLE & FINANCE WIZARDS
Know more about David
- David graduated in tourism at the Central University of Quito
- He has been working in Happy Gringo since 2008 and loves his job.
- His responsibilities are divided between operations tasks and invoicing.
- David is a huge fan of football and supports Barcelona from the coast of Ecuador; he also enjoys nature and music.
Know more about Pamela
- Pamela is a Advertising Graphic Designer.
- Her goal since joining Happy Gringo is to help in all the graphic and publicity area
- She enjoys spending time playing the piano, traveling and making music.
- One of her goals is to travel as many countries as she possibly can.
Design & Adverting
Know more about Valeria
- Valeria has 15 years of experience working in tourism in Ecuador and is very proud of her roots from Puyo, deep in the Amazon area of Ecuador.
- Valeria is the person to thank for the smooth-running organization of our trips.
- She loves sharing time with her pets and her hobbies are traveling, reading and doing yoga.
Custom - Made Tours & Operations Supervisor
Know more about Karla
- Karla studied Tourism Administration, she has 10 years of experience in the tourism sector, in operations.
- Karla enjoys traveling, she is passionate about being in contact with nature, and spending time with her family.
- She likes to read books about personal growth and likes to watch movies in her spare time.