Magic of Colombia
The very best tourist sites in Colombia!
Our Magic of Colombia tour is an incredible 14-day journey to the most iconic historical and natural sites of this beautiful country.
From the colonial history of Bogota & Cartagena, to modern life in Medellin, the green hills of coffee plantations, and the natural paradises of Tayrona and Rosario, this tour will surely not disappoint!
- Discover the historical UNESCO city of Cartagena, and stroll the spectacularly colorful & iconic streets of the colonial old town.
- Explore Tayrona National Park, where mountains & lush jungle meets the beach.
- Visit the art scene, exhibitions and urban architecture of Medellin city, including Botero Plaza.
- Explore Colombia´s famous coffee region, with visits to local villages & a local hacienda, to learn about the aromas, classifications and flavors of coffee bean.
- Get to know the historic city of Bogota, Colombia´s pulsating capital city, visiting its local markets, amazing galleries and museums.
- Admire the beauty of Villa de Leyva, a magical 16th century town, with preserved colonial history.
- Snorkel the coral reef at the Rosario Islands National Park, or kick back in a hammock on the beach.
Magic of Colombia Tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- $6.420 single
- $3.650 double
- $7.785 single
- $4.325 double
Note: prices may vary in high season.
- Day 1: Arrival to El Dorado International airport in Bogota, transfer to your hotel. Free time to rest & settle-in.
- Day 2: A full-day city tour in Bogota, including a visit to Paloquemao local market with fruit tasting, La Candelaria Historic Centre & Plaza Bolivar, Botero Art Gallery, and the Gold Museum.
- Day 3: Private transfer from Bogotá to Villa de Leyva, a magical town with colonial charm, surrounded by rolling hills. On route you can visit the famous underground Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira.
- Day 4: Half-day tour into the desert to visit Pozos Azules turquoise pool, a 12 meter Kronosaurus Fossil and Paleontologic museum, & El Infiernito astrological site. Free time in the afternoon to explore Villa de Leyva. Optional activity: Full-day city tour, desert & ceramic activity (extra cost).
- Day 5: Private transfer to Bogotá Airport, for a domestic flight to either Armenia or Pereira in Colombia´s coffee region. Transfer into your hotel, and free time to rest.
- Day 6: Morning visit to the spectacular Calarca Botanic garden to appreciate the great variety of trees, plants & insects in this region of Colombia. In the afternoon enjoy a coffee experience in a local hacienda including tour & tasting.
- Day 7: Full-day tour to the traditional coffee towns of Filandia, Salento & Cocora Valley. This includes visits to colourful villages, a trek in the cloudforest to see hummingbirds at the Acaim Reserve, and fine views of the unique wax palm trees.
- Day 8: Private transfer to the airport in Armenia or Pereira, for your domestic flight to Medellin City. In the afternoon a ½ day social transformation & street art Tour.
- Day 9: Full-day Medellin city tour including Plaza Botero & ride on the famous open-air escalator up to San Javier neighborhood with great views. In the afternoon a trip to Avri Nature Park. Optional: Full-day tour to Guatapé & el Peñol Monolithic Rock (extra cost).
- Day 10: Private transfer Medellín Airport for a domestic flight north to Santa Marta. Transfer to your hotel, and a free afternoon to relax or visit the beach.
- Day 11: Full-day tour to Tayrona National Park. You can trek to the most beautiful beaches, admiring forest flora and fauna along the way – the trek is flexible so you can strike your own balance between hiking & time at the beach.
- Day 12: Private transfer from Tayrona to Cartagena de Indias City, with free time to relax on arrival.
- Day 13: Full-day Cartagena city tour including the Historic Center, Inquisition Palace, San Felipe Fortress & La Popa Convent.
- Day 14: Full-day on a shared tour to discover Rosario Island, one of the most beautiful archipelagos in the Caribbean. Plenty of time to relax on the beach, swim or snorkel at the reef, and a delicious lunch of freshly caught fish.
- Day 15: Private transfer to Cartagena airport, in time for your international departure flight.
- All guides, entrance fees and tours listed on the itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Meals listed in the itinerary (14 breakfasts, 8 lunches)
- Hotel accommodation on double or twin basis
- International flights
- Domestic flights (Bogota-coffee region, coffee region-Medellin & Medellin-Santa Marta)
- Airport departure taxes
- Personal expenses & tips
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
Optional additional activities
- Villa de Leyva full-day city tour, desert & ceramic activity: 140 per person.
- Guatape & El Peñol Monolithic Rock day tour: $350 (1 person). $195 per person (2 people).
About this Itinerary
This Colombia tour can be customized to your personal needs – just let our sales team know which changes you would like to make, and they will be happy to help!