Colombia Coffee Region Tour
The heart & soul of the country
The Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia is a recognized UNESCO world heritage site; this tour takes you into its very heart, where rural life continues as it has done for centuries with local farmers harvesting coffee, plantain, citrus fruits and cocoa in this lush and fertile land.
The other main tour highlight is the green city of Medellin, considered by many to be the most beautiful city in Colombia.
- Visit the art scene, exhibitions and urban architecture of Medellin city, including Botero Plaza.
- Explore the stunning natural environment at Avri Park & Santa Elena.
- Admire the green rolling hills and fabulous landscapes of Colombia´s famous coffee region.
- Enjoy the unique experience of coffee making at a local hacienda, and learn about the aromas, classifications and flavors of coffee bean.
- Discover colourful, traditional local villages in the coffee region.
- Zipline through the tree canopy & cruise on bamboo rafts down
Colombia Coffee Region Tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- $3.695 single
- $2.120 double
- $4.235 single
- $2.470 double
Note: prices may vary in high season.
- Day 1: Arrival to the cosmopolitan city Medellin City, transfer to your hotel. Free time to rest & settle-in.
- Day 2: Full-day Medellin city tour & Social Development tour, including Plaza Botero & a ride on the famous open-air escalator up to San Javier neighborhood with great views.
- Day 3: Full day tour into the green hills surrounding Medellin to visit Arvi Nature Park & Santa Elena Town, famous for flower growers. Optional activity: Full-day tour to visit to Guatapé & El Peñol Monolithic Rock (extra cost).
- Day 4: Transfer to Medellín Airport, for a domestic flight to either Armenia or Pereira in the heart of Colombia´s coffee triangle. Transfer in and free time to enjoy your new surroundings.
- Day 5: Morning visit to the spectacular Calarca Botanic garden to appreciate the great variety of trees, plants & insects in this region of Colombia. In the afternoon enjoy a coffee experience in a local hacienda including tour & tasting.
- Day 6: Full-day tour to the traditional coffee towns of Filandia, Salento & Cocora Valley. This includes visits to colourful villages, a trek in the cloudforest to see hummingbirds at the Acaim Reserve, and fine views of the unique wax palm trees.
- Day 7: Today explore the coffee region from a different perspective, cruising down Rio La Vieja on bamboo rafts, & Zip-lining through the tree canopy in Caracolies Park.
- Day 8: After breakfast transfer to Armenia or Pereira Airport for your international departure flight.
- All guides, entrance fees and tours listed on the itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Meals listed in the itinerary (7 breakfasts, 5 lunches)
- Hotel accommodation on double or twin basis
- International flights
- Domestic flight (aprox $195 per person)
- Airport departure taxes
- Personal expenses & tips
- Single supplement
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
Optional additional activities
- Full day tour to Guatapé & el Peñol Monolithic Rock from Medellin: $195 per person (2 people), $350 (1 person).
About this Itinerary
This Colombia tour can be customized to your personal needs – just let our sales team know which changes you would like to make, and they will be happy to help!