Galapagos Safari Camp
- Galapagos Safari Camp is a unique, luxury tented camp, nestled in the wild highlands of Santa Cruz Island, close to the giant tortoise reserve.
- Very much an off the beaten path location, part of a 55-hectare farm, in harmony with nature. Galapagos Safari Camp was inspired by the magic of African safari camps, and represents a new concept for Galapagos Islands travel.
- Services include nine luxury tents (27 sq metres), with private bathrooms, and one family suite for up to 6 people. Well kept social areas include gardens and an infinity pool.
- Enjoy wonderful vistas over the Pacific Ocean from the viewing terrace, as well as views of the western & northern islands of Isabela, Santiago, Pinzon, Baltra, Rabida, Guy Fawkes & Daphne.
- Galapagos Safari Camp represents a wonderful alternative to the normal Galapagos cruise and island hopping packages.
Galapagos Safari Camp Hotel
Itineraries and pricing 2022
Browse through the different itineraries below by clicking on each one.
Discounts are available for children*please consult our sales team for information
- Classic Safari $5505DoublePer person
- Family Safari $5685SinglePer person
Itinerary for 5 days
- DAY 1In search of the giant tortoise. Transfer in to lodge and lunch. Afternoon tour of Santa Cruz Highlands to see giant tortoises in their natural habitat, and explore lava tunnels.
- DAYS 2 & 3Cruising to a neighboring island. After an early rise, you will take a boat trip to explore one of the neighboring islands (North Seymour, Bartolomé, Plazas, Santa Fé, Floreana or Isabela). you will be able to snorkel off the boat and experience the richness of the aquatic species.
- DAY 4Exploring the East. The Cerro Mesa Reserve offers wonderful views of the largest crater on Santa Cruz Island. After lunch explore Garrapatero Beach with it's wonderful contrasts of black lava, white sand, green mangroves and turquoise waters. Kayaking and mountain biking are optional.
- DAY 5Sunrise walk and departure. On your last day you can tour the farm at your leisure or enjoy the sunrise from our viewpoint before your airport transfer.
- Classic Safari $6510DoublePer person
Itinerary for 6 days
- DAY 1In search of the giant tortoise. Transfer in to lodge and lunch. Afternoon time to explore the farm, and later a tour of Santa Cruz Highlands to see giant tortoises in their natural habitat, and explore lava tunnels and forests of Scalesia & Guayabillo.
- DAY 2Activity Day. Morning visit to an organic coffee plantation, then drive up to Cerro Mesa Reserve for a short walk in the wetlands. After lunch a downhill bike ride to Garrapatero Beach with it's wonderful contrasts of black lava, white sand, green mangroves and turquoise waters. Kayaking is optional.
- DAY 3Cruising to a neighboring island. After an early rise, you will take a boat trip to explore one of the neighboring islands (North Seymour, Bartolomé, Plazas, Santa Fé, Floreana or Isabela). You will be able to snorkel off the boat and experience the richness of the aquatic species.
- DAY 4Fishing Adventure. An excursion with local fishermen is a favorite of children who visit the Safari Camp! This is part of a program with the National Park Service to engage fishermen in touristic activities that provide an alternative income whilst protecting local fisheries from depletion. The fishermen will share anecdotes from a lifetime at sea and teach the children local fishing tricks. Later they take you to a deserted beach to snorkel at a spot known only to locals.
- DAY 5Charles Darwin Station & Bay Tour. Visit the famous Charles Darwin Station. After lunch take a speedboat to Tortuga Bay, a white-sand beach. Or join a snorkeling boat to frolic with sea lions.
- DAY 6Sunrise walk and departure. On your last day you can tour the farm at your leisure or enjoy the sunrise from our viewpoint before your airport transfer.
Galapagos Hotels Specifications
- Nine Luxury tents (27m2) with private bathrooms.
- One family suite for up to 6 people with 3 bedrooms and bathroom.
Snorkeling / Diving
- Snorkeling: Equipment included.
- Diving possible: Yes – Diving can be done instead of the regular tour at extra cost. It is possible during the 7-day tour on days 2, 3 and 4, or during the 5-day tour on days 2 and 3. Diving equipment included.
- Accommodation and all meals from arrival.
- Transfers & land transport in Galapagos.
- Boat trips with snorkeling (shared service).
- Naturalist guide (private for land and shared for boat excursions).
- Activities and visits mentioned in itinerary.
- Wetsuit and snorkeling equipment.
- Flights to/from mainland.
- Park entry fee or transit card.
- Beverages and laundry.
- children under 12 discount 10% (accompanied by 2 adults)
This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year. Day tours are operated on a shared basis with other travellers. Day tour destinations, and boat category are subject to availability. The itinerary is subject to change due to Galapagos National Park disposition.
What Our Clients Say
Michael B, U.K
We stayed at Galapagos Safari Camp for 4 nights. We were the only guests at that particular time. The service was exceptional. All of the staff were outstanding. The nature of the accommodation means it’s not going to be the most comfortable, but if you go with that in mind, you won’t be disappointed
Deanna & Mark, U.S
We (me, my husband, our 15-year old daughter, and 12-year old son) stayed four nights in the family suite and had the best time! The kids loved having their own bedroom and bathroom, and we loved that we were all in one building. The view from the private deck was unbelievable!
Susan W, U.S
Lucky us to stay in this superbly managed and unique place! I will always remember waking up in my tent and seeing the beautiful water in the distance. Also the food is AMAZING. I want to go back!!