Rural Ecuador tour
EXPERIENCE LOCAL VILLAGE LIFE!
Looking for a completely unique and authentic experience? Let us take you off of the beaten tourist path, to meet friendly Quichua Indians, and see a fresh side to Ecuador that few venture into.
- Get a glimpse of every day rural life with a visits to the local community & school
- Have Lunch with an indigenous family, sampling delicious home-made Andean cheese.
- Gain insights into local indian customs and traditions
- Trek into the spectacular Quilotoa crater, to lakeside
- Learn the importance of the community water project
- Visit the Tigua art workshop
Rural Ecuador tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2022
- Number of passengers Prices
- 1 $895
- 2 $485
- 3 $435
- 4 $415
- 5 $395
- 6 $385
- DAY 1Quito arrival- Private pickup at the airport, transfer to your hotel. Free time to relax and acclimatize to your new surroundings.
- DAY 2Early transfer to Guamote + Community experience.
- DAY 3Free morning to relax (or enjoy the Thursday market) + Transfer to Isinliví.
- DAY 4Visit Malingua Pamba community & Local family & School.
- DAY 5Quilotoa Lagoon visit + Tigua art workshop + Transfer back to Quito.
- DAY 6Transfer to the Cloud Forest + Trekking and a chance to learn about sustainable agroforestry in the area, and visit the tree nursery and reforestation project.
- DAY 7Visit a handicraft workshop run by women of the local community + Transfer back Quito.
- DAY 8Private transfer to airport. End tour.
Click below on the "Full Itinerary" button for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.Full ItineraryFull Itinerary Book now
- Accommodation in double / twin rooms (comfortable rooms at the popular Llullu Llama Hostal)
- Private transport with local Spanish-speaking driver on days 1 & 3
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Activities as listed in itinerary
- Local volunteer guide at all community visits on day2
- Donation to the family and school
- Single supplement: Standard: $50
- English speaking guide at cheese factory
- Pickup / drop-off at airport or in Quito valley area (this service costs extra)
- Local entrance fees
- Personal Expenses
- This tour does not operate on weekends and holidays.
For every person booking Happy Gringo will donate US$15 to buy school materials for the Isinlivi community. We also accept donations of used clothes to deliver to families there. Tourists are also encouraged to bring school supplies which can be donated during the school visit.
What Our Clients Say
Whitney & David Woods, USA
A refreshingly different tour - such a relief to escape the noisy cities and see a real piece of the Andes! We loved charming Isinlivi village and the people we met there, especially the school kids were a bundle of fun to spend time with. Thank you for organizing everything for us.
Anna Daines, USA
Our kids loved this tour, it really opened their eyes I think. The activities were heaps of fun, and the beautiful scenery an unexpected bonus. As a suggestion, an extra free day to explore more by ourselves would have been great.