Responsible traveler tour
Ecuador´s first true eco-tour
The Responsible Traveler tour was designed for those with an active interest in genuine eco-tourism, to get off of the beaten path, and closer to nature and local culture.
- Visit the Guamote tourism development program, set in a small village in the heart of the beautiful Andean mountains.
- Community tourism experience in Isinlivi, staying at an eco-friendly lodge with organic food.
- Learn about sustainable agro-tourism at the internationally-recognized Santa Lucia cloud forest reserve.
- Enjoy stunning views at Quilotoa crater lake, and see local artwork at Tigua village.
Responsible traveler tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2022
- 1 passengers
- $2795 standard
- 2 passengers
- $1495 standard
- 3 passengers
- $1275 standard
- 4 passengers
- $1150 standard
- 5 passengers
- $1095 standard
- 6 passengers
- $1050 standard
- DAY 1 Quito arrival- Private pickup at the airport, transfer to your hotel. Free time to relax and acclimatize to your new surroundings.
- DAY 2 Early transfer to Guamote + Community experience.
- DAY 3 Free morning to relax (or enjoy the Thursday market) + Transfer to Isinliví.
- DAY 4 Visit Malingua Pamba community & Local family & School.
- DAY 5 Quilotoa Lagoon visit + Tigua art workshop + Transfer back to Quito.
- DAY 6 Transfer to the Cloud Forest + Trekking and a chance to learn about sustainable agroforestry in the area, and visit the tree nursery and reforestation project.
- DAY 7 Visit a handicraft workshop run by women of the local community + Transfer back Quito.
- DAY 8 Private transfer to airport. End tour.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.
- Accommodation in double / twin rooms (or triple for odd-numbered groups who do not wish to pay any single supplement)
- Private transport with local Spanish-speaking driver throughout tour
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Activities as listed in itinerary
- English-speaking guide for community visits
- International flights
- Local entry fees
- Single supplement: Standard: $335
- Personal expenses
- The activities on day 4 of the itinerary can only be done on weekdays. Your travel agent will be glad to help you prepare your travel schedule accordingly.
What Our Clients Say
David Carrington, UK
We bought into the whole concept of this tour right away as we wanted to get off of the well-beaten tourist paths and really get to know the country. We were certainly not disappointed as each project was fascinating, the locals were really friendly, and the Happy Gringo service was excellent throughout.
Sandra Wright, Australia
What a wonderful idea for a tour this is! We just adored the children in each community and take home many happy memories of our time there. The cheese was delicious!