Quito reality tour
The concept of this ½ day tour is to show you a more authentic side to Quito life, in other words some of the places that tourists often do not get to see.
Highlights of this off the beaten path Quito tour include:
- Catch a unique glimpse into local life at one of Quito’s markets, to witness the daily hustle and bustle of locals trading tropical fruits, grains, vegetables and even guinea pigs!
- Visit a traditional Quito confectioner, to see their traditional method of making “colaciones”, and of course to sample the delicious sweets.
- Stroll down the wonderfully restored La Ronda district, where artisans practice traditional trades, such as wood-carving, metallurgy, chocolate-making, hat-making, spinning top carving and more.
- See the finest works of famous Ecuadorian artist Oswaldo Guayasamin, famed for his moving representations of the struggle of Latin America's indigenous people.
Quito reality tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- 2 people
- 3 people
- 4 people
- Book now
- 09:00Pickup from your hotel
- 09:00 – 13:00Visit Quito Reality sites
- 13:00Aprox drop off time at your hotel
The places that you visit are flexible. The itinerary can be adapted directly with your guide, depending on your interests. Timings are referencial only, and subject to change.Book now
- Return transport to / from your Quito city hotel
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Entry Fees / activity costs
- Transport to/from Quito airport or the valley area, this costs a little extra, please let us know in advance
- Personal Expenses
- Tips (Optional)
- This tour can run on any day of the year, except Mondays.
- Possible timings: 09:00 – 13:00 or 13:00 – 17:00.
About this itinerary
Happy Gringo are the only travel agency in Quito to run this unique trip.
This is a private tour, so you have flexibility to make itinerary changes on the day with your guide.
We recommend booking day tours at least one week in advance, to ensure that a guide is available for you, and the trip booking & organization can be done smoothly.
What Our Clients Say
Peter & Jan Martin
A really interesting and unique tour of offbeat Quito. Great opportunity to see Quito from a local perspective. Muchas gracias!
Liz Porter & Michael Walker
The Quito reality was fantastic! From the delicious chocolate to the intense artwork of Guayasamin - we loved every minute of it
A quirky little tour that really opened our eyes to some of the hidden highlights of Quito. Keep it going!!!