Quilotoa day tour
Quilotoa crater Lake is a rewarding day trip to a hidden gem of the Ecuadorian Andes. Not only will the crater lake literally take your breath away, but there are wonderful landscapes along the way, and the indigenous villages are culturally very interesting too.
- Enjoy spectacular views of Quilotoa Lake from the crater rim viewing platform.
- Trek into the crater down to the lake-side, with the option of kayaking when you arrive.
- Visit Tigua art workshop to see the famous colorful artwork that originated in this region of Ecuador.
- Enjoy fine views into Toachi Canyon, and rural scenery during the road journey.
- Explore local indigenous markets – Saquisili (Thursdays), Zumbahua (Saturdays) or Pujili (Wednesdays & Sundays).
Quilotoa day tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2022
- 1 passenger
- 2 people
- 3 people
- 4 people
- 07:00 Pickup from your hotel
- 10:00 – 14:00 Visit Quilotoa Lagoon
- 16:30 Aprox drop off time at your hotel
The places that you visit are flexible. The itinerary can be adapted directly with your guide, depending on your interests. Timings are referencial only, and subject to change.
- Return transport to / from your Quito city hotel
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Entry Fees / activity costs
- Transport to/from Quito airport or the valley area, this costs a little extra, please let us know in advance
- Personal Expenses
- Tips (Optional)
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
About this itinerary
What Our Clients Say
Leigh N, TripAdvisor
It was a great trip - especially the trekking to Lake Quilotoa. I would highly recommend Happy Gringo.
Carl & Lindsay Peake, USA
Quilotoa was the most awesome day of our week long trip, the first view of the crater lake is just unbelievable!