Quilotoa day tour
Quilotoa crater Lake is a rewarding day trip to a hidden gem of the Ecuadorian Andes. Not only will the crater lake literally take your breath away, but there are wonderful landscapes along the way, and the indigenous villages are culturally very interesting too.
- Enjoy spectacular views of Quilotoa Lake from the crater rim viewing platform.
- Trek into the crater down to the lake-side, with the option of kayaking when you arrive.
- Visit Tigua art workshop to see the famous colorful artwork that originated in this region of Ecuador.
- Enjoy fine views into Toachi Canyon, and rural scenery during the road journey.
- Explore local indigenous markets – Saquisili (Thursdays), Zumbahua (Saturdays) or Pujili (Wednesdays & Sundays).
Quilotoa day tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- 2 people
- 3 people
- 4 people
- Book now
- 07:00Pickup from your hotel
- 10:00 – 14:00Visit Quilotoa Lagoon
- 16:30Aprox drop off time at your hotel
The places that you visit are flexible. The itinerary can be adapted directly with your guide, depending on your interests. Timings are referencial only, and subject to change.Book now
- Return transport to / from your Quito city hotel
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Single supplement
- Transport to and from Hacienda (Happy Gringo can quote a driver separately for this service if required)
- Personal expenses
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
About this itinerary
During this trip you will be at high altitude (approx. up to 3800 meters), so warm clothes (hat, scarf, gloves, warm upper layers, wind/rain proof jacket) are recommended.
You will also need to stay hydrated to avoid effects of altitude, we recommend bringing 2 liters of water per person.
This is a private tour, so you have flexibility to make itinerary changes on the day with your guide.
We recommend booking day tours at least one week in advance, to ensure that a guide is available for you, and the trip booking & organization can be done smoothly.
What Our Clients Say
Leigh N, TripAdvisor
It was a great trip - especially the trekking to Lake Quilotoa. I would highly recommend Happy Gringo.
Carl & Lindsay Peake, USA
Quilotoa was the most awesome day of our week long trip, the first view of the crater lake is just unbelievable!