Papallacta & Antisana tour
Our unique Papallacta & Antisana tour takes to the 2 best highlights from the Papallacta area - the impressive Antisana Ecological Reserve, and the pristine Papallacta hot springs.
- See impressive ancient lava flows from Antisana Volcano
- Spot condors gliding the thermals (with luck!)
- Trek through Andean grasslands at Mica Laguna
- Enjoy bird watching in the Antisana Reserve (over 90 bird species have been recorded here)
- Soak in the relaxing Papallacta hot springs
Papallacta & Antisana tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- 2 passengers
- $385 comfortable
- 3 passengers
- $365 comfortable
- 4 passengers
- $355 comfortable
- 5 passengers
- $345 comfortable
- 6 passengers
- $340 comfortable
- DAY 1Antisana Ecological Reserve – An early start takes us into the reserve where you can see old lava flows and moraine deposits as well as a wealth of birdlife - if lucky you may even see condors soaring the thermals. The real highlight though would be to see the monstrous snow-capped Antisana Volcano peak (5704m). You can also enjoy 2-3 hours of trekking at Laguna Mica through the unique paramo (Andean grasslands) scenery. We then head on to the small town of Papallacta, for an overnight stay at the hot springs resort.
- DAY 2Papallacta - Enjoy the whole day at leisure to soak in the crystal clear hot springs, or enjoy the on-site spa (treatments not included). There is also a short self-guided trek trail that begins at the hot spring resort. Mid-afternoon our driver will collect you for the return journey to Quito.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.Full Itinerary Book now
- Accommodation in double / twin rooms (or triple for odd-numbered groups who do not wish to pay any single supplement)
- Meals as listed in the itinerary
- English-speaking guide on day1
- Spanish speaking driver on day 2
- Pickup / drop off at hotel in Quito city
- Single supplement (applies for a single room for somebody travelling within a group). If you are travelling alone then please ask our staff for a solo traveler price quote.
- Pickup / drop off at airport or in Quito valley area (this service costs extra)
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- This tour is available throughout the year.
- Flexible to start on any day of the week that you prefer to travel.
About this itinerarythe weather at Antisana Reserve is extremely variable so we recommend to take clothing suitable for rain and cold winds (a hat to cover your ears, scarf and gloves).
What Our Clients Say
It was the perfect day trip to relax after being all around Ecuador
Gemma Chang, Australia
Papallacta was not easy to get to by ourselves, so a day tour seemed like a good way to go. It was easy, and relaxing, so much so that we slept the whole way home to Quito.