Otavalo Day Tour
The indigenous town of Otavalo is famous across South America for its colorful market, diverse handicrafts, and indigenous indian groups, but the area offers far more besides.
Some of the activities / visits that you can choose to include in your full day Otavalo tour itinerary are:
- Haggle for bargains & meet the locals at the famous Otavalo handicraft market.
- Visit fascinating local workshops to see weaving and musical instruments.
- Feel the sacred energy at Peguche waterfall, a spiritual site for the indigenous population.
- Sample delicious “bizcocho” biscuits and leaf-wrapped cheese at Cayambe.
- Enjoy views of San Pablo Lake & Imbabura Volcano.
- Witness the flying demonstration at Parque Condor bird of prey sanctuary.
Otavalo Day Tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- 2 people
- 3 people
- 4 people
- Book now
- 08:00Pickup from your hotel
- 10:00 – 14:30Visit Otavalo & surrounding area
- 16:30Aprox drop off time at your hotel
The places that you visit are flexible. The itinerary can be adapted directly with your guide, depending on your interests. Timings are referential only, and subject to change.Book now
- Return transport to / from your Quito city hotel
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Entry Fees / activity costs
- Transport to/from Quito airport or the valley area, this costs a little extra, please let us know in advance
- Personal Expenses
- Tips (Optional)
- This tour is available 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
- Timing: 08:00 – 16:30.
About this itinerary
This is a private tour, so you have flexibility to make itinerary changes on the day with your guide.
We recommend booking day tours at least one week in advance, to ensure that a guide is available for you, and the trip booking & organization can be done smoothly.Note: You have the flexibility to tailor your itinerary together with your guide, but it is not possible to include all of these visits into one day.
What Our Clients Say
Of course we loved the market, but the highlight for us were the off-the-beaten-track visits, especially the weaving family. Highly recommended!
There's a whole lot packed into the day that we would never have been able to see by ourselves ... a good variety of activities and all-in-all a wonderful day.