Jaguar tracks tour
Explore deep into the ecuadorian jungle
Our Jaguar Tracks tour is designed especially for adventurous travelers who want to explore deep into the Ecuadorian primary jungle, be in contact with nature, and feel totally disconnected from modern life. One of the highlights of this trip is the rare chance to camp with the famous Huaorani tribe, and share unique experiences with them.
- Spot diverse wildlife often including giant otters, pink dolphins, caiman alligators, snakes, monkeys, and many bird species
- Immerse yourself in the Huaorani tribe community, learning about their fascinating way of life & traditions, and meeting the local shaman healer
- Hike into untouched primary rainforest forest in the Yasuni National Park
- Learn how the Huaorani use blowguns to hunt
- Fish for piranha and search for anaconda snakes in the lagoon
- Jaguars do prowl this area of forest, so with extreme luck, you make see one, if not hopefully you can find some tracks in the mud
- Discover medicinal jungle plants and their uses.
Jaguar tracks tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2020
- 5 days
- $2595 Standard
- DAY 1Early land transfer to the town of Shell, followed by a small plane flight (1 hour) to Bohanamo. Meet the Huaorani tribe, set-up camp, and introduction to the chief.
- DAY 2Morning forest hike to the animal clay lick where fauna often gathers to eat the minerals. You will also learn about medicinal uses for rainforest plants. In the afternoon learn how to hunt with a blowgun, and fish for piranha.
- DAY 3Short hike to a lagoon to search for anaconda snakes. Afternoon visit to Kempery, the Huaorani shaman medicine man. Night walk to observe nocturnal species, and appreciate the sounds as the jungle comes alive.
- DAY 4Morning hike through the primary forest with a Huaorani warrior to learn survival skills, spot wildlife, and hopefully find tracks left by a jaguar. In the evening we search for caiman alligators.
- DAY 5After breakfast we return to Shell in a small aircraft, and to Quito by land.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.Full ItineraryFull Itinerary Book now
- Private and comfortable land transportation
- Motorized canoe
- Dugout canoe
- Airfare: Shell / Bohanamo round trip in light aircraft
- Accommodation: Based on double occupancy:
- 4 nights camping in Yasuni National Park
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Kayaking on Pañayacu River and Pañacocha lagoon
- Visiting the Yasuni National Park, Animals clay lick (Saladero) and the native Huaorani communities
- Piranha fishing
- Night hikes
- Dry bags
- Life jackets
- Rubber boots
- Eureka tents
- Air mattresses
- Bathroom tent
- Portable toilet
- Social kitchen
- Trip Leader: Certified EPL expert English-speaking Adventure Trip Leader and local guide
- My Own Room & Tent supplement ($310 extra)
- International flights
- Airport transfers to/from Quito airport
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Required immunizations (mandatory)
- Personal expenses & Tips
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year, with a minimum of 4 passengers.
About this itinerary
- This is a very active and adventurous trip, with basic accommodation in tents or hammocks – this is part of the charm of this trip.
- Campsites may have no toilets and no electricity.
- River water levels and weather conditions may lead to variations in the itinerary.
- When you enter Yasuni National Park you may be asked to show proof of vaccinations (Yellow fever, Hepatitis B and Tetanus) as well as Malarial medications.
- A minimum of 4 people are required to run this tour, with minimum age 12.
What Our Clients Say
Guillermo Garcia, USA
This was truly the trip of a lifetime. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this adventure. Our guide, was awesome - he taught us so much about Ecuador and its rich diversity. I am already recommending this trip to everyone I know. Keep up the great work!
Gary and Stacey Bawtinhimer, USA
My wife and I had the good fortune to travel with Christian as our guide and interpreter for the most incredible days in Ecuador. His knowledge of the area, coupled with his willingness to meet our special requests made for a wonderful experience. Both transportation and lodging accommodations were excellent, and the food was enjoyable. The special viewing of tropical birds and a rare glimpse of monkeys in the wild along with hikes in the forest made the trip unique for us. We came away from our vacation with fond memories, great photographs, and an appreciation for the wonderful people of Ecuador and their beautiful country.