Historic haciendas tour
Trace the footsteps of ecuador’s colonial past
Historic haciendas are a legacy of ancient colonial days under Spanish rule, built in picturesque parts of the Ecuadorian Andes. This tour visits two of the country’s finest examples.
- La Cienega, situated at the slopes of the majestic Cotopaxi Volcano with 300 years of history, including an overnight visit from famous liberator Simon Bolivar.
- Hacienda Cusin, located close to the beautiful San Pablo Lake and the Imbabura Volcano. A charmingly restored 17th century Andean estate, with wonderful gardens.
Historic haciendas tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- 2 passengers
- $925 Standard
- 3 passengers
- $830 Standard
- 4 passengers
- $775 Standard
- 5 passengers
- $735 Standard
- 6 passengers
- $695 Standard
- DAY 1Private transfer to Lasso + Free afternoon to enjoy your surroundings in the beautiful hacienda.
- DAY 2A full day exploring the Cotopaxi National Park on horse-back, before returning to the comfort of Hacienda La Cienega, and a welcoming open fireplace.
- DAY 3Private transfer to Otavalo + Free afternoon to explore the grounds and gardens at Hacienda Cusin, and acclimatize to your new surroundings.
- DAY 4Visit the Otavalo handicraft market + Cuicocha Lake hike + Private transfer back to Quito.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.Full ItineraryFull Itinerary Book now
- Accommodation in double rooms. Triple rooms are also available should a group of odd-numbered passengers wish to avoid paying a single supplement
- Transfers with local Spanish-speaking driver (with pickup / drop-off at hotel in Quito city)
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Activities as listed in itinerary
- English-speaking guide at Cotopaxi, Otavalo and Cuicocha
- Single supplement (applies for a single room for somebody travelling within a group). If you are travelling alone then please ask our staff for a solo traveler price quote
- Pickup / drop-off at airport or in Quito valley area (this service costs extra)
- Local entrance fees
- Personal Expenses
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
What Our Clients Say
Ken Juniper, USA
"This tour was definitely a big splurge for us – but well worth it. We were completely spoiled throughout our stay and it was hard to pick between the 2 haciendas as to which was the most grand and luxurious."
Sally Capes, UK
“An unforgettable trip and a great price for everything that was included!”