Quito Equator tour - The Middle of the World
This popular tour takes you to the site of the Equator line (latitude zero). The city of Quito lies just 22km from the equator, and is easy to visit in ½ day.
We offer a choice of 4 different sites to visit. It is usually possible to include 2 or 3 of the following option (depending on time)
- Enjoy scenic views into Pululahua volcano, the largest inhabited crater in the world.
- Visit the official equator monument (Middle of the world - Mitad del mundo) for your perfect photos with one foot in each hemisphere. Here you will also learn about the important 1736 Geodesic Mission scientific study.
- Perform fascinating Equator scientific tests at Inti Ñan museum, as well as other fun activities.
- Visit Casa Agave to learn about the importance of the agave plant to the ancestral indians that lived in the area, and the process they used to make Miske (tequila).
Book Your Ecuador Day Tour Today
Equator Middle of the World Tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2023
- Number of passengers Prices Per Person
- 1 passenger $120
- 2 people $65
- 3 people $50
- 4 people $40
- 14:00 Pickup from your hotel
- 14:45 – 17:00 Visit Equator area
- 18:00 Aprox drop off time at your hotel
The places that you visit are flexible. The itinerary can be adapted directly with your guide, depending on your interests. Timings are referential only and subject to change.
- Return transport to / from your Quito city hotel
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Entry Fees / activity costs
- Transport to/from Quito airport or the valley area, this costs a little extra, please let us know in advance
- Personal Expenses
- Tips (Optional)
- This tour is available 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
- Possible timings: 09:00 – 13:00 or 13:00 – 17:00.