Ecuador Inca trail tour
Following historic footprints
The Incas created an impressive system of trails which at the time connected Quito with Talca in the south of Chile. Of course Peru´s Inca trail is world famous, but what many tourists don’t realize is that in the south of Ecuador it is also possible to trek part of this ancient Inca trail!
- 3 days of spectacular trekking through Andean grasslands
- Visits to local communities to learn about their culture
- 2 unforgettable nights camping beneath the stars
- Superb views of untouched lakes and mountains
- Finish the trek with a guided tour of Ingapirca ruins, the most famous Inca site in Ecuador
Ecuador Inca trail tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- 2 passengers
- $519 camping
- 3 passengers
- $400 camping
- 4 passengers
- $350 camping
- 5 passengers
- $282 camping
- 6 passengers
- $260 camping
- DAY 1Leaving Cuenca behind early in the morning we journey 3.5 hours to Achupallas (3420 m) + Trek following the Cadrul River + Arrive to an old Incan town (3910 m).
- DAY 2Tres Cruces Lake +Three Crosses Knife Pass (4420 m) crossing the crest towards Quillaloma+ Head down into the valley and near the Espíndola River.
- DAY 3Follow the Inca Trail along the River Espíndola towards the Lake of Snakes + Arrive to the Incan ruins of Paredones + Ingapirca Ruins (3160 m) - the most important archaeological monument in Ecuador. After time to explore the ruins we return to Cuenca where our journey ends.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.Full Itinerary Book now
- Transportation from Cuenca to Alausi, & Ingapirca to Cuenca
- Transfer to Achupallas
- Professional, bilingual trekking guide
- Horseman/muleteer + packhorses/mules
- Mountain equipment: (Tents, insulators, and in case the tourists do not have their own, we can provide rubber boots, sleeping bags, cooking utensils, dishes, place settings, etc.)
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Drinks (water, coffee, tea)
- Transport from Quito to Cuenca
- Ingapirca Entrance Fee ($6 subject to change)
- Personal expenses
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
- This tour starts and ends in the city of Cuenca.
- The hiking requires good physical condition.
- Average trekking time per day is 6-7 hours.
What Our Clients Say
Pete George, England
Luckily we enjoyed perfect weather for the trek which gave us some awesome views along the way! Having already trekked the Peruvian Inca Trail which is overrun with tourists, this was a really nice alternative - it got us completely away from everything for the duration of the trek.”
This trip was exactly what we were looking for - the food was good and plentiful, daily walking distances were fine, and lots of time to take photos. My wife could even ride on the donkey when she was tired.