Ecuador family experience tour
An ecuadorian treat for the kids!
This Ecuador family tour was designed by a local mum who loves to travel with her kids whenever possible. It combines fun and educational activities for a vacation the whole family will love!
- Stand one foot in each hemisphere at the Equator line
- Learn how chocolate is made, from cocoa bean to tasty chocolate bars
- Ride Ecuador’s historic train to see the highest active volcano in the world
- Enjoy fun & educational activities in Quito, including the zoo
- Feel the spray of huge waterfalls at Baños town
- Shop for bargains at Otavalo's colorful indian market
- See an incredible birds of prey flying demonstration
- Stay at a local farm in Gualaceo
- Discover ancient Inca ruins at Ingapirca
- Experience a day of hiking in El Cajas National park, the lake district of Ecuador
Ecuador family experience tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- 2 passengers
- $2095 standard
- $2495 comfortable
- 3 passengers
- $1795 standard
- $2195 comfortable
- 4 passengers
- $1675 standard
- $2035 comfortable
- 5 passengers
- $1595 standard
- $1950 comfortable
- 6 passengers
- $1515 standard
- $1885 comfortable
- DAY 1Arrival Quito: transfer you to your hotel. Free time to relax and acclimatize to your new surroundings.
- DAY 2Quito: Stand with your family literally in the Middle of the World at the equator! + visit an artisan chocolate workshop. Afternoon visit to Yaku Amu Water Museum, for fun and educational activities.
- DAY 3Quito: see typical Ecuadorian animals at Guayllabamba zoo + private transfer to Otavalo.
- DAY 4Otavalo: An early start to see the local animal market + shop for handicraft souvenirs. Afternoon Condor Park birds of prey visit (closed Mon&Tue)
- DAY 5Cotopaxi: Volcano train ride to from Quito to Boliche + Transfer to your hotel in Cotopaxi.
- DAY 6Cotopaxi: National Park tour + Private transfer to Baños.
- DAY 7Baños: Valley of the waterfalls tour. Free afternoon.
- DAY 8Ingapirca: Inca ruins tour + Transfer to hosteria at Gualaceo.
- DAY 9Gualaceo: Farm activities + transfer to Cuenca, Panama Hat visit + Pottery class. Night in hosteria at Gualaceo
- DAY 10Cuenca: El Cajas National Park tour. Night in hosteria at Gualaceo
- DAY 11Cuenca: city tour + transfer to airport for flight back to Quito + transfer in.
- DAY 12Transfer to Quito airport for your flight out.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.Full Itinerary Book now
- Accommodation in double / twin rooms (or triple for odd-numbered groups who do not wish to pay any single supplement)
- Private transport with local Spanish-speaking driver throughout tour
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Activities as listed in itinerary
- Boliche train ticket
- English-speaking guide at Quito day2, Cotopaxi, El Cajas, and Cuenca city tour, as well as for Panama Hat visit and pottery activity.
- Cuenca / Quito flight
- International flights
- Local entry fees
- Single supplement (applies for a single room for somebody travelling within a group). If you are travelling alone then please ask our staff for a solo traveler price quote.
- Personal expenses
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
- Discounts may be available for young kids – please let your sales person know the age of each traveler, so that they can advise as appropriate.
What Our Clients Say
Katrina Wells, UK
This is a very well thought-out itinerary that kept us all amused each day. We added an extra day in to visit the butterflies and humming birds at Mindo which was also very worthwhile. Thanks!