Ecuador birding day tour: antisana reserve
Where the Condors roam
The Antisana Birding day tour is a wonderful option for some easy, casual birding in the Andean highlands close to Quito. Antisana Ecological Reserve combines great birding opportunities along with some spectacular landscapes.
- Visit Antisana Reserve, home to the largest population of Andean Condor, Silvery Grebe, and Black-faced Ibis in Ecuador.
- Marvel at hummingbird feeders which attract species such as Giant Hummingbird (world’s largest), Shining Sunbeam, and Black-tailed Trainbearer.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch overlooking a large cliff where condors nest.
- Spend time at a large lagoon (Laguna de la Mica) boasting a nice selection of waterfowl.
- Spot many species of birds without having to go very far from the vehicle.
- On clear days enjoy fine views of snowcapped Antisana volcano, and posible mammal sightings
Ecuador birding day tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2023
- Number of passengers Prices Per Person
- 1 passenger $285
- 2 people $150
- 3 people $115
- 4 people $100
- Private transport starting and ending in Quito hotel
- Specialized expert birding guide with spotting scope
- Extra snacks
- Personal expenses or souvenirs
- Extra activities not specified in the itinerary
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year, depending on the availability of the birding guide.
Recommended to bring
- Cameras, binoculars, rain proofing (just in case), decent walking shoes, warmer clothes, water bottle, head covering (hat or buff), sunscreen, insect repellent.