Deep Amazon kayak tour
Experience the amazon rainforest
Our deep amazon kayak tour is a unique way to experience the Amazon rainforest, heading deep into untouched jungle, spotting amazing wildlife on the river banks as you paddle slowly by.
- Paddle a network of rivers and lagoons in Yasuni National Park
- Spot diverse wildlife along the river, often including giant otters, pink dolphins, caiman alligators, snakes, monkeys, and many bird species
- Hike into untouched primary rainforest forest
- See many colorful bird species at the parrot clay lick
- Fish for piranha & search for Anaconda snakes in the flooded forest
- Visit a local Kichwa indigenous community, learn about their fascinating way of life & traditions
- 2 nights camping in Yasuni National Park & 2 nights camping near an indigenous community
- Discover medicinal jungle plants and their uses
Deep amazon kayak tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2020
- Private tour
- $1395 standard
- Shared group tour
- $1095 standard
- DAY 1Fly to Coca city & journey to the Tiputini River, the entrance to the Yasuní National Park. Spend the afternoon kayaking, hopefully spotting monkeys, birds, turtles & caiman alligators. Set-up forest camp and rest.
- DAY 2A kayak day paddling deeper into the forest, looking out for monkeys, capybara, tapir, and more. Learn about medicinal plants of the forest, before returning to camp.
- DAY 3An early start to travel by motorized canoe to the Amarun - Cocha (Anaconda Lagoon) where we may spot this magnificent snake species. You can also spot piranhas, caimans, boas and more. Canoe trip back to the campside. Night exploration to view insects, frogs & snakes
- DAY 4Enjoy a forest hike in the morning with your naturalist guide. After lunch, visit the local Kichwa community to learn about their customs and traditions. In the afternoon we will go fishing.
- DAY 5Early wakeup to visit the parrot clay lick, before our return to Coca via motorized canoe, and your flight back to Quito.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.Full Itinerary Book now
- Private and comfortable land transportation
- Motorized canoe
- Dugout canoe
- Accommodation: Based on double occupancy:
- 4 nights camping in Yasuni National Park (for the first night is in the woods, and the other three is in a big open area with big tents, toilets and showers, along with solar panels to recharge bateries
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Kayaking on Indillama River, Pañayacu River and Pañacocha lagoon
- Visits to Yasuni National Park, parrot clay lick (Saladero) and the native Kichwa communities
- Piranha fishing
- Night hikes
- Expedition and inflatable kayaks
- Dry bags
- Life jackets
- Dugout canoe with outboard motor
- Rubber boots
- Trip Leader: Certified EPL expert English-speaking Adventure Trip Leader and local guide
- Airfare Quito-Coca round trip
- My Own Room & Tent supplement ($310 extra)
- International flights
- Airport transfers to/from Quito airport
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Required immunizations (mandatory)
- Meals not described in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- A minimum of 2 passengers are required for booking a private tour, available throughout the year.
- Group departure are subject to availability please check with you designated travel agent.
- Fixed Group Departures 2019:
- 08/jul/2019 - 12/jul/2019
- 26/ago/2019 - 30/ago/2019
- 02/sep/2019 - 06/sep/2019
- 09/sep/2019 - 13/sep/2019
- 21/oct/2019 - 25/oct/2019
- 28/oct/2019 - 01/nov/2019
- 18/nov/2019 - 22/nov/2019
- 25/nov/2019 - 29/nov/2019
- 02/dic/2019 - 06/dic/2019
- 23/dic/2019 - 27/dic/2019
- 30/dic/2019 - 03/ene/2020
- Fixed Group Departures 2020: January 03
This is a very active and adventurous trip, under the guidance of both a licensed tour guide and local jungle guide.
River water levels and weather conditions may lead to variations in the itinerary.
Yellow fever, Hepatitis B vaccination and Malaria Medication are mandatory for this trip. We strongly recommend to ensure that routine immunizations such as tetanus and diphtheria are up to date and to consider Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccinations. Please ask your doctor for advice.