Cotopaxi day tour
Cotopaxi National Park is home to Ecuador’s most captivatingly photogenic volcano. Towering at 5897 meters the giant Cotopaxi peak boasts a perfectly symmetrical snow-capped cone, and picturesque surrounding parkland. We take you to visit three different sites in the national park:
- Trek up to Cotopaxi refuge, to enjoy panoramic views from the snowline (on clear days).
- Visit the Cotopaxi National Park Museum to learn about the destructive history of the volcano.
- Stop for photos and a short walk at pretty Limpiopungo Lake.
Cotopaxi day tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- 2 people
- 3 people
- 4 people
- Book now
- 08:00Pickup from your hotel
- 09:30 – 14:30Visit Cotopaxi National Park
- 16:30Aprox drop off time at your hotel
The places that you visit are flexible. The itinerary can be adapted directly with your guide, depending on your interests. Timings are referencial only, and subject to change.Book now
- Return transport to / from your Quito city hotel
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Entry Fees / activity costs
- Transport to/from Quito airport or the valley area, this costs a little extra, please let us know in advance
- Personal Expenses
- Tips (Optional)
- This tour is available 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
- Timing: 08:00 – 16:30.
About this Cotopaxi Tour itinerary
During this trip you will be at high altitude (approx. up to 4800 meters), so warm clothes (hat, scarf, gloves, warm upper layers, wind/rain proof jacket) are recommended.
You will also need to stay hydrated to avoid effects of altitude, we recommend bringing 2 liters of water per person.
This is a private tour, so you have flexibility to make itinerary changes on the day with your guide.
We recommend booking day tours at least one week in advance, to ensure that a guide is available for you, and the trip booking & organization can be done smoothly.
What Our Clients Say
Susan Collier, UK
Our first day trip was to Cotopaxi with an excellent guide who was also a mountaineer. He told us about the history of the first attempts to climb the volcano, as well as anecdotes about modern climbing. We also say wild horses, and caught good views of the summit between fast-moving clouds. This day was much more than we were expecting thanks to our guide.
Erin, United States
Happy Gringo provided exceptional service for our Cotopaxi volcano hike! You must ask for Christian to guide you up the mountain-he was exceptional, funny, friendly, informative and above all safe! It was truly a once in a lifetime experience.