Colonial Quito tour
The colonial old town of Quito is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site, in recognition of its fine colonial era architecture. So if there is one must-see site in Quito then this is it! Our colonial Quito tour showcases the very best of the splendid plazas & churches here. Some of the activities / visits that you can choose to include in your 1/2 day itinerary are:
- Climb the tower of the imposing gothic style Basilica church, for great old town views.
- Visit Plaza Grande to see the Government Palace, Arch-bishops Palace, and Cathedral, or enjoy people-watching.
- Count the crosses as you stroll down the street of the seven crosses.
- Tour the incredible gold-gilded, UNESCO heritage church of La Compañia.
- Stand on San Francisco Plaza, whilst learning the legend of Cantuña´s deal with the devil to construct the Monastery.
- Stroll the beautifully restored streets of La Ronda district.
- Stand next to the Virgin atop the Panecillo hill, for panoramic views of the city.
- Visit Yumbos chocolate shop to learn the history of fino aroma cocoa in the country, and enjoy tastings of their award winning bars.
Book Your Ecuador Day Tour Today
Colonial Quito tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2022
- Number of passengers Prices
- 1 $120
- 2 $65
- 3 $55
- 4 $45
- 09:00 Pickup from your hotel
- 09:00 – 13:00 Visit Quito’s colonial center
- 13:00 Aprox drop off time at your hotel
The places that you visit are flexible. The itinerary can be adapted directly with your guide, depending on your interests. Timings are referential only and subject to change
- Return transport to / from your Quito city hotel
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Entry Fees / activity costs
- Transport to/from Quito airport or the valley area, this costs a little extra, please let us know in advance
- Personal Expenses
- Tips (Optional)
- This tour can run on any day of the year, but is not recommended on Mondays when most churches & museums are closed.
- Possible timings: 09:00 – 13:00 or 13:00 – 17:00.