Bygone Days & Cultural Treasures tour
From Incas to conquistadors
This 1-week trip is the perfect introduction to Ecuador’s rich history and culture, from the Inca empire to Spanish colonial times, and modern day life.
- Learn the history of Quito´s UNESCO colonial past
- Visit Banco Central Museum, with wonderful archaeological displays
- Tour the gallery & workshop of famous artist, Oswaldo Guayasamin
- Handicraft shopping at Otavalo's colorful indian market
- Overnight at a majestic 17th century hacienda estate
- Colonial culture at white-washed Cuenca, Ecuador´s most picturesque city
- Visit ancient Inca ruins at Ingapirca
- Traditional pottery class in Cuenca
Bygone days & cultural treasures tour
PRICES PER PERSON 2021
- 2 passengers
- $1495 Standard
- $1825 Comfortable
- 3 passengers
- $1325 Standard
- $1630 Comfortable
- 4 passengers
- $1235 Standard
- $1550 Comfortable
- 5 passengers
- $1185 Standard
- $1495 Comfortable
- 6 passengers
- $1150 Standard
- $1450 Comfortable
- DAY 1Quito arrival- Private pickup at the airport, transfer to your hotel. Free time to relax and acclimatize to your new surroundings.
- DAY 2Quito Colonial Tour + Panecillo Visit + Banco Central Museum.
- DAY 3Otavalo market visit and handicraft shopping.
- DAY 4Otavalo communities visit + Cuicocha Lake + Transfer back Quito.
- DAY 5Transfer out + Flight Cuenca + Cuenca city tour with pottery class.
- DAY 6Ingapirca ruins visit.
- DAY 7Transfer out + Flight back Quito + Capilla del Hombre Museum visit.
- DAY 8Private transfer to airport. End tour.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.Full Itinerary Book now
- Accommodation in double / twin rooms (or triple for odd-numbered groups who do not wish to pay any single supplement)
- Private transport with local Spanish-speaking driver throughout tour
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Activities as listed in itinerary
- Flight: Quito/Cuenca/Quito
- English-speaking guide for city tours, Otavalo community visit, Ingapirca and Capilla del Hombre
- International flights
- Local entry fees
- Single supplement (applies for a single room for somebody travelling within a group). If you are travelling alone then please ask our staff for a solo traveler price quote.
- Personal expenses
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
What Our Clients Say
Peter Cole, UK
Finally a tour that visits traditional sites and takes a real interest in the history of a country. Although short (1 week) there was a lot packed in and we were kept interested and amused throughout by the excellent guides. A real highlight was the interaction with locals around Otavalo! A highly recommended tour.