BIKING ECUADOR VOLCANOES TOUR
THE BEST BIKING IN ECUADOR'S ANDES
- 6 full days of spectacular mountain biking action deep in the heart of Ecuador’s Andean mountain range.
- Enjoy an incredible diversity of landscapes along the biking route, including snow-capped volcanoes, crater lakes, cloud forest nature reserves, rolling agricultural hills, huge waterfalls and quintessential indigenous villages.
- Bike down the slopes of famous Cotopaxi volcano – one of the highest active volcanoes in the world.
- Visit the swing at the end of the world & valley of the waterfalls in Baños, as well as off the beaten path Llanganantes National Park.
- Cycle inside the largest inhabited volcanic crater on the planet at Pululahua, and around the rim of breathtaking Quilotoa crater lake.
- Other highlights include: Chimborazo Volcano – the closest point on earth to the sun. Otavalo market – the best bargains and locally made handicrafts. Papallacta hot springs – termal springs high in the Andes. Experience local indigenous culture and traditions.
- Overnight at charming guest houses and/or historic haciendas each night, for a guaranteed cosy stay.
BIKING ECUADOR VOLCANOES TOUR
PRICES PER PERSON 2022
- Group Tours
- Private tours
*Minimum 2 passengers, maximum 10 passengers per tour.
- Day 1 Arrival to Quito at your own pace, evening briefing to meet your guide and the rest of the group as well as learn about what’s in store for the days of your expedition! (no meals included)
- Day 2 Pululahua Geobotanical Reserve – downhill biking into Pululahua crater cloud forest & visit to the Equator Solar Museum, transfer onto hacienda. (B/L)
- Day 3 Biking the foothills of Imbabura volcano and shore of San Pablo Lake. Visits to Peguche waterfall, indigenous weaving workshop and Otavalo Market. (B)
- Day 4 Cotopaxi National Park – spectacular biking next to the volcano’s base on dirt roads and single-tracks to enjoy the landscapes. (B/L)
- Day 5 Quilotoa Crater Lake. Hike into the crater to the lake shore, followed by an epic ride with amazing 360 views of the surrounding countryside. (B/L)
- Day 6 Chimborazo Volcano. A short walk up to basecamp is followed by single-track downhill biking. Drive onto the town of Baños, our next overnight base. (B/L)
- Day 7 Llanganates National Park. A five thousand feet descent from the majestic Andes down to the entrance to the lush Amazon rainforest Basin. Visit Pailón del Diablo Waterfall & drive back to Quito. (B)
- Day 8 Tour ends after breakfast at your Quito hotel. (B)
Full itinerary under construction, please ask about the full itinerary to our sales team
- Experienced, Certified English-Speaking Guide
- Private transportationAccommodation for 7 nights
- Meals as listed in the itinerary
- Activities as listed in the itinerary
- Water and snacks
- Water bottle
- Biking gear: use of Trek X-caliber included in the fee, certified helmets and gloves.
- All entrance fees to reserves & museums
- International or domestic flights
- Airport transfers
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Single supplement $350
- Discount for under 12 years old 20%
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Optional upgraded biking gear: Trek Top-fuel, $200 USD for the whole trip
- Optional extra activities
- Group tours are scheduled to depart on Saturdays throughout 2022 once the minimum of 2 passengers are booked.
- Private tours can operate on any day.
About the itinerary
- Average biking time: 3 – 4 hours per day
- Difficulty Level: moderate - challenging
- Average drive times: 2 – 3 hours per day
- Altitude: From 1500 meters (5000 ft.) to 4800 meters (16000 ft.)
- Biking guide is certified as a Wilderness First Aid Responder
What Our Clients Say
This was one of the most memorable biking trips my wife and I have ever been on. Christian was the most knowledgeable guide we could have asked for, and he took care of the groups every need. From the landscape, culture and people, Ecuador is one of a kind. We vowed to each other that we will visit again! Truly a magical country.