Highlights of Guango Lodge
- Guango Lodge is a paradise for bird lovers and photographers alike; it is not uncommon to see up to 14 species of humming birds in one hour, including the amazing sword-billed hummingbird.
- Guango is located near the paramo zone and hot springs of Papallacta, surrounded by a 300-hectare reserve & network of trails, offering the perfect opportunity for trekking, wildlife observation & relaxation.
- The lodge has 8 small but charming rooms, with hot water showers, in-room tea/coffee facilities, and hot water bottles available at night. Social areas are cozy with warm fire places in the evening.
- Located just 1 hour drive from Quito Airport, Guango Lodge is convenient for a day trip, or a 2-3 day city-break excursion.
- Guango lodge is also a conscious initiative for nature conservation and community support, and active in employing & training local residents from the area.
- The myriad of forest trails offer access to a world of hidden secrets, to be explored with a naturalist guide, or by yourself.
Itineraries and pricing per person 2023
ITINERARY: GENERAL INTEREST TOUR PACKAGE
DAY 1 Journey from Quito through the scenic and biodiverse paramo cloudforest. First visit is at a rose plantation. Then onto Papallacta´s paramo to admire the amazing Antisana volcano. In the afternoon, arrival to the lodge for lunch. Early afternoon hike and return to the lodge to enjoy a delicious local drink called “canelazo”.
DAY 2 After breakfast, we take you trout fishing. Next to the Hummingbird feeders to admire various species birds, and an optional walk in the orchid garden. After lunch trekking through an ancient Polylepis forest, and return to Quito in the late afternoon.
Full itinerary under construction please ask our sales team for more informationSee Full ItinerarySee Full Itinerary Contact Sales Person
- Overnight stay
- Entrance to reserve
- Use of trails
- Drinking water
- Other meals
- Guide service (additional cost $112 per day)
- Transport to/from Quito
- Other expenses