HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MAQUIPUCUNA CLOUD FOREST LODGE
- Maquipucuna Ecolodge offers the unique opportunity to explore a combination of pristine rainforest and cloud forest.
- The Maquipucuna cloud forest reserve is the best place in the world to see Andean bears (Spectacled bear) in the wild (seasonally), all within easy walking distance from the lodge.
- In the reserve you can also find over 400 species of birds, including an easily accessible Andean Cock-of-the-rock lek, & flocks of hummingbirds at the feeders, sure to fascinate bird lovers.
- There are over 32km of forest trails to explore, rivers and waterfalls for a refreshing swim, or the orchid path and butterfly garden for peaceful contemplation.
- Delicious home cooked meals are served daily in the open air restaurant, together with freshly brewed specialty Arabica coffee produced at Maquipucuna.
- Maquipucuna cloud forest is located just 2 hours drive from Quito, making it the perfect short break for days of peace, tranquility & immersion in nature.
MAQUIPUCUNA CLOUD FOREST LODGE
ITINERARIES AND PRICING 2021
- Guided hikes to learn about local medicinal and other useful plants
- Walking through pre-Inca trails
- Visiting salt springs used by the Yumbo pre-Inca peoples
- Andean bear sightings (during bear season)
- Insect, mammal and frog sightings during night hikes
- Self-guided trails to explore by yourself
- Swimming in pristine rivers and waterfalls
- Visiting nearby community projects (please make advanced reservations)
- Chocolate massages (please make advanced reservations, extra payment required)
Special birding itineraries are also available – Please check with us for information & pricingAccommodation- Based on 2 people sharing
Specialist birings guides or private guides are available for an extra fee.
Full ItineraryFull Itinerary Book now
- Lodge accommodation on double / twin basis
- 3 meals per day (from lunch on day1 to lunch on final day)
- Entrance fee to the protected reserve
- Shared transportation Quito-Lodge-Quito
- Guided hikes with shared local English speaking guide
- Unlimited hydration: filtered spring water available all day. Lemonade, coffee and herbal teas during meals, and before bird watching
- Rubber boots to use during your stay
- Private guides (can be booked in advance at additional cost)
- Private transportation or pick up places from places other than Quito hotel's (can be booked in advance at additional cost)
- Extras at the lodge: such as drinks, snacks, souvenirs and other personal expenses
- Activities not included in the itinerary
- Single supplement charge for solo travelers
- This tour is available throughout the year. Flexible to start on any day of the week that you prefer to travel.
About itineraries & Prices
Longer stays are also possible – ask our sales team for information.
A two-night minimum stay applies.
Discounts are available for children under 12.
What Our Clients Say
D Moore, U.S
Mashpi is more than just a very good lodge in the middle of the cloud forest, more importantly it has created a wonderful, pristine reserve of Andean Cloud Forest. Hiking, and riding their "Dragon Fly" cable car is mesmerizingly beautiful.
Fernando L, Spain
The service is incredibly friendly and personalized for both hotel Staff and Guides. The reserve is breathtaking, what I liked the most were the views from the “dragon fly”, swimming in one of the Cascades and taking a long hike in the river. The food is really good, traditional Ecuadorian. Highly recommend this as a couples or family experience.