Request a Free Quote
Request a Free Quote
No Fields Found.
Physical activity Rating
Galapagos & Machu Picchu Tour
A wonder of two worlds
This tour includes two of South America’s must-see bucket list destinations – the breath-taking Galapagos Islands, and majestic Machu Picchu
- Breath-taking wildlife and landscapes at the Galapagos Islands
- The historic city of Cusco, capital of the Inca empire
- Fascinating ruins in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Aguas Calientes town
- Machu Picchu – one of the 7 wonders of the world
Galapagos & Machu Picchu Tour Photos
Galapagos & Machu Picchu Tour
Prices per person 2020
- 2 passengers
- $3795 Regular
- $5495 Comfort
- 3 passengers
- $3575 Regular
- $5295 Comfort
- 4 passengers
- $3475 Regular
- $5175 Comfort
- 5 passengers
- $3395 Regular
- $5125 Comfort
- 6 passengers
- $3350 Regular
- $5075 Comfort
- DAY 1Quito arrival. Private pickup at the airport, transfer to your hotel. Free time to relax and acclimatize to your new surroundings.
- DAY 2Transfer out + Flight Galapagos + Santa Cruz Highlands & Charles Darwin Station.
- DAY 3Galapagos Island day tour (one of Seymour, Bartholome, Santa Fe or Plazas).
- DAY 4Speedboat to Isabela Island + Concha Perla & Tintoreras tour.
- DAY 5Cabo Rosa snorkeling tour.
- DAY 6Sierra Negra Volcano hike.
- DAY 7Speedboat to Santa Cruz + Transfer Baltra + Flight Guayaquil + Transfer in.
- DAY 8Guayaquil city tour + Flight Lima.
- DAY 9Flight Cusco + Afternoon shared Cusco City tour.
- DAY 10Sacred valley tour.
- DAY 11Machu Picchu tour & stay at Aguas Calientes.
- DAY 12Free morning + Return journey to Cusco.
- DAY 13Tour ends in Cusco with airport transfer.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.
- Accommodation in double / twin
- Private transportation and driver in Peru
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Activities as listed in itinerary (private tours except Cusco tour)
- All airport transfers (except in Lima where hotel is located at the airport)
- Entrance fees
- Machu Picchu Train tickets
- English-speaking guide at Machu Picchu
- Air fare Quito-Galapagos-Guayaquil
- Excursions with English speaking Naturalist guide provided by the Galapagos National Park.
- Snorkeling gear at Galapagos
- International flights to arrive to Ecuador and leave Peru
- Flight from Guayaquil to Lima
- Domestic flights Lima-Cusco-Lima
- Optional 2nd entrance fee to Machu Picchu (approx $101 per person)
- Single supplement (applies for a single room for somebody travelling within a group). If you are travelling alone then please ask our staff for a solo traveller price quote.
- Airport taxes
- Entrance fee to the Galapagos National Park ($100 International visitors, subject to change)
- Transit Control Card ($10, subject to change)
- Isabela port fee ($10)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Personal Expenses
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
Perurail baggage allowance restrictions
- PeruRail only allows 1-piece of hand baggage per person, up to a maximum of 5 kg (11 pounds) and a total linear dimension of 157 cm (62 inches). No larger bags will be accepted.
Train & entrance fees for machu picchu
- The restriction of daily visitor numbers to Machu Picchu makes it important to purchase tickets well in advance. We recommend that bookings are made at least 40 days prior to arrival to Peru.
- Train tickets and Machu Picchu entrance fees are non-refundable in event of tour cancellation.
- Daily visitor numbers to Machu Picchu are restricted to max. 2,500 people.
- Machu Picchu opening hours: O6:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- There are 9 hourly slots (between 6:00 and 14:00 hrs) for entrance to Machu Picchu. For each slot, a limited amount of entrance tickets will be sold. Visitors can enter during or after their assigned slot, but not BEFORE the indicated time.
- The entrance fee entitles travelers a visit of max. 4 hours in Machu Picchu, or 7 hours if combining the visit to Machu Picchu with Wayna Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu leave from 05:30 am, and at 10 minute intervals throughout the day.
- Large bags and food are not allowed into the citadel. Luggage storage is available near the entrance (at additional cost).
- Walking poles are only allowed for handicapped or elderly people.
- To enter Machu Picchu all visitors must show their printed e-ticket and passport. You may get a special Machu Picchu stamp in your passport if you wish.
- Our tips for an optional second visit to Machu Picchu: Hike to the sun gate ‘Inti Punku’ on your own (included in the entrance fee to Machu Picchu, duration approx. 2-hour roundtrip) or trek to Wayna Picchu peak (see below).
- Daily visitor numbers to Wayna Picchu are restricted to max. 400 people.
- The entrance ticket must be bought in advance(recommended at least 60 days), together with your Machu Picchu ticket. The fee is S/150 Peruvian Soles (subject to change).
- Two entrance times are available: 07:00 am, 10:00 am.
- Be prepared for a steep hike, of aprox 3 hours (round-trip). Those with a fear of heights should NOT take this excursion.
- The narrow trail can be quite dangerous at times, especially after wet weather.